Worship Arts Pastor
The Worship Arts Pastor will lead the GBC teams that facilitate the worship of God by the people of God. These teams include: Contemporary Worship Team, Choir, Audio/Media Team, Worship Support Team & various teams that enable the church to use the arts on mission in our community and around the world.
- Oversee & manage the Worship Arts Team (staff & volunteers).
- Serve as the primary worship leader for the contemporary worship service.
- Plan worship for the contemporary service in concert with the Senior Pastor.
- Support the planning of the blended worship service in concert with the Senior Pastor & Worship Arts Associate.
- Coordinate the contemporary worship elements of the blended service in concert with the Worship Arts Associate. The Worship Arts Associate will be the primary worship leader/coordinator for the blended service.
- Represent the Worship Arts team at GBC staff meetings.
- Serve as a co-leader of the Worship Council with a member of the SLC.
- Serve as the Executive Producer/Creative Director of Jazz Nativity. Jazz Nativity is an annual Christmas event that raises funds for missions.
- Support the Worship Arts Associate in the planning and execution of the annual Christmas Choral Concert.
- Coordinate worship leadership for special worship events throughout the year (Thanksgiving Service, Deacon Ordination Service, Etc.).
- Launch, develop and lead the prayer ministry.
- Cultivate an environment in which people embrace a lifestyle of worship.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ a member of GBC.
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a full-time contemporary worship leader and leader of multiple worship arts teams in the same congregation.
- Possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in music or equivalent experience. A graduate degree in a ministry related field is preferred.
- Posses a track record of leadership and growth in a local church setting.
- Be a person of godly character and spiritual maturity.
- Support the theological framework, mission and vision of GBC.
Gayton Master Plan
In 2008, we approved a new Master Plan for our campus that will include a new Outreach Center and the expansion and renovation of the Worship Center. Read more about the Master Plan and see a fly-through of the new facility.
[iframe: width="601" height="338" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Vm3DwrkFIE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen]